Are you ready for the future? It may be challenging to keep up with all the latest technological developments. To put your mind at ease, we have you covered. This article will discuss the best Internet of Things IoT devices that you should know in 2023.
The smart home is attracting the most attention among the various fields of IoT (Internet of Things). In recent years, major companies such as Google, Apple, and Amazon have been competing to become the top in the IoT smart home field.
Connecting your home appliances to the Internet offers a range of exciting benefits and opportunities. No longer confined to operation in your home, devices can now be controlled from any remote location. This might include turning on the kitchen lights when you’re on vacation or setting your thermostat from your phone on your way back home. You can further benefit from coordinating appliances with other connected devices and information, such as automatically starting the coffee maker when it detects immediate family members have left their beds in the morning.
Technological advancements will influence how we live in our houses in the future in areas ranging from home security systems to smart appliances. So get ready to be amazed by the latest in IoT technology!
Table of Contents
Google Home is a smart speaker that employs Google’s own virtual assistant, Google Assistant, and is controlled mainly by voice commands. Google Home is a voice-activated digital assistant that answers questions, manages your day, plays music, and controls your smart home gadgets. The sleek and tiny appearance of the gadget allows it to mix in with any existing home furnishings, making it easy to use and accessible to a wide range of people. As if its built-in capabilities weren’t enough, Google Home can also be used to manage and automate other smart home devices, such as smart TVs, smart lighting, and smart thermostats.
Compatible best Internet of Things IOT devices for Google Home
The Nest thermostat is an Internet of Things device that lets you regulate the temperature in your house from anywhere using your smartphone or other smart devices. With Google Home, you can even control the thermostat with only your voice. In addition, the Nest thermostat can learn your preferences over time and make adjustments automatically to save money on your energy bill.
- Remote temperature control: Use your smartphone or other smart devices to adjust the temperature in your home from anywhere, anytime.
- Voice control: The Nest thermostat is compatible with Google Home, so you can use voice commands to adjust the temperature or check the current setting.
- Energy-saving features: The Nest thermostat learns your preferred temperature settings and can automatically adjust to save energy and lower your utility bills.
- Sleek design: The Nest thermostat has a modern and stylish design that will complement any home decor.
If you’re into home automation and smart home devices, you’ve probably already heard of IoT device Philips Hue. With your smartphone or other Internet-connected devices, you can remotely adjust the lighting in your house with Philips Hue smart light bulbs.
The package also includes a Philips Hue Bridge that can be connected to your WiFi router and controlled using the Philips Hue app. In addition, Philips Hue smart light bulbs even works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit and Google Home allowing you to control the brightness, color temperature, and on/off status of your lights with the power of your voice. There are several advantages to using Philips Hue light bulbs, but one of the most notable is that they use up to 80% less energy than regular incandescent lights.
- Scheduling: You can set up schedules to automatically turn your lights on or off at specific times or use the “geofencing” feature to turn your lights on or off based on your location.
- Voice control: You can use voice commands to control your Philips Hue light bulbs with a smart home assistant.
- Customized lighting: You can adjust the color and intensity of your Philips Hue light bulbs to create the perfect lighting atmosphere for any occasion.
Belkin WeMo smart plugs are a IoT device which are convenient and easy way to add smart control to your home appliances. They allow you to turn your devices on and off, set schedules, and even monitor energy usage from your smartphone. In addition, with the WeMo app, you can control your devices from anywhere with an internet connection, making it easy to manage your home while you’re away. So whether you’re looking to save energy or add some convenience to your life, Belkin WeMo smart plugs are a great choice.
- Remote control: You can turn your devices on and off, set schedules, and create rules using the WeMo app on your smartphone.
- Energy monitoring: The WeMo app allows you to monitor your energy usage in real-time, so you can see how much energy your devices are using and make adjustments to save money on your energy bill.
- Away mode: The WeMo smart plugs have an away mode that will randomly turn your devices on and off to make it look like someone is home, which can be useful for security purposes.
August Smart Lock IoT device is a revolutionary way to secure your home. With the ability to lock and unlock your door from anywhere using your smartphone or smart home assistant, you’ll never have to worry about carrying around a physical key again. Plus, with features like the ability to grant temporary access to friends and family and track who is coming and going, August Smart Lock provides an extra layer of security and convenience.
- Remote lock and unlock: Control your lock from anywhere using the August app on your smartphone.
- Smart home integration: Works with Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit
- Guest access: Grant temporary access to friends and family and track who is coming and going.
5. Samsung SmartThings hub
You can connect and manage all of your SmartThings-enabled home automation devices from a single location with the help of the Samsung SmartThings hub IoT device. You can use the SmartThings app on your mobile device to check and adjust your smart home’s settings from anywhere. In addition, the SmartThings hub makes it simple to automate your home and set up individualized routines, such as shutting off the lights when you leave or warming the house to your preferred temperature before you get home.
- Compatible with a wide range of smart home devices, including those from Samsung and other brands.
- It has a built-in battery backup to continue functioning during power outages.
Offers support for multiple user accounts, allowing different household members to access and control the smart devices in the home
The Honeywell Lyric thermostat is a smart home device (IoT device) that allows you to remotely control the temperature of your home using your smartphone or tablet. It uses geofencing technology to automatically adjust the temperature based on your location, so you can come home to a comfortable environment without manually adjusting the thermostat.
- Geofencing: The thermostat can use your smartphone’s location to automatically adjust the temperature when you are away or at home.
- Voice control: The thermostat can be controlled using voice commands through Google Assistant.
- Remote access: You can control the thermostat from anywhere using the Honeywell Lyric app on your smartphone.
Roomba is a brand of robotic vacuum cleaners that has been around since 2002. These innovative IoT device use sensors and software to navigate a room, sucking up dirt and debris as they go. Roombas have become increasingly popular over the years due to their convenience and ability to clean homes thoroughly without the need for human intervention. They are available in a range of models to suit different budgets and cleaning needs, making them accessible to a wide range of consumers.
- Automatic cleaning: Roomba Robotic Vacuums are designed to move around your home on their own, automatically navigating and cleaning your floors.
- Multiple cleaning modes: Roomba Robotic Vacuums can be set to clean in different ways, such as a single room or your entire home, and can be programmed to clean on a schedule.
Wireless connectivity: Many Roomba Robotic Vacuums can be controlled and programmed using a smartphone app, allowing you to start, stop, and monitor the cleaning process from anywhere.
8. Arlo Security Cameras
Arlo security cameras have gained immense popularity as a reliable IoT device for home security. They are easily mounted within or outside the home and provide high-quality footage with features such as motion detection, night vision, and two-way audio capabilities. In addition, with an Arlo system, you can keep an eye on your home and loved ones from anywhere using the accompanying mobile app.
- Wireless design: Arlo cameras do not require any cables or cords, making them easy to install and move around.
- High-quality footage: Arlo cameras are known for their sharp and clear video quality, even in low-light conditions.
- Motion detection: Arlo cameras can detect movement and send an alert to your smartphone or tablet, so you can see what’s happening in real-time
9. LG Smart Appliances
With a focus on leveraging IoT technology to revolutionize the home appliance industry, LG has consistently introduced an impressive range of smart appliances over the years. From refrigerators and washing machines to ovens and air purifiers, these IoT devices come with a variety of features that can be conveniently controlled and monitored through an accompanying smartphone app or voice commands. With LG’s extensive range of cutting-edge products, homeowners have access to all the latest tech available in their homes, making their living space smarter, more efficient, and more convenient.
- Voice control: Many LG smart appliances can be controlled using voice commands through a virtual assistant like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
- Energy efficiency: Many LG smart appliances are designed to be energy efficient, which can help save money on energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Smart diagnostic: Some LG smart appliances have built-in diagnostic systems that can detect potential issues and provide troubleshooting solutions, helping to extend the life of your appliances.
10. Meross Smart Garage Door Opener
The Meross Smart Garage Door Opener is a IoT device that provides convenient and high-tech way to control your garage door remotely. With the ability to connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network and be controlled via a smartphone app, you can easily open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world. This smart device also has features such as notifications and automatic closing, making it a useful and efficient addition to any home.
Here are some key features of the Meross smart garage door opener:
- Remote control: You can control your garage door from anywhere with the Meross app on your smartphone.
- Voice control: The smart garage door opener is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit, so you can use voice commands to open and close your garage door.
- Automatic closing: The smart garage door opener can be programmed to automatically close your garage door after a set period of time.
Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon that is designed to be used with home automation systems and other electronic devices. It can be activated by voice and responds to a wide range of commands, including playing music, setting alarms, and answering questions. Alexa can also be used to control other smart devices in the home, such as lights, thermostats, and security systems. The virtual assistant is integrated with a variety of popular music and news services and can be used to make phone calls and send messages. Alexa is available on a range of devices, including Amazon’s Echo smart speakers, as well as third-party devices
Compatible best Internet of Things devices for Amazon Alexa
1. Ecobee smart thermostat
The Ecobee smart thermostat is an IoT device that control home temperature. Using a smartphone app, it can be remotely managed from anywhere. It is designed to be energy efficient and can learn your heating and cooling preferences over time to help save on energy costs.
- Remote control from a smartphone or tablet
- Energy reports and tips to help save on energy costs
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit
- Occupancy sensing to optimize energy usage when the home is empty
- Automatic software updates to ensure the thermostat stays up-to-date
2. TP-Link Smart Plugs
TP-Link smart plugs are small devices that allow you to remotely control your appliances and electronics using a smartphone app or voice commands. With a smart plug, you can turn devices on and off, set schedules, and even monitor energy usage from anywhere.
- Remote control through smartphone apps or voice commands
- Energy monitoring
- Away mode
- Compact size
3. Triby Smart Portable Speaker
The Triby Smart portable speaker is an innovative and flexible device that can be used to keep in touch with loved ones, play music, and manage smart home gadgets. The Triby is an excellent option for anybody needing a portable smart speaker due to its ability to connect to various devices and its native integration with Amazon Alexa.
- Internet radio and streaming services (Spotify, Deezer, etc.)
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Multi-user capability
- Built-in microphone for speakerphone functionality
- Magnetic back for attaching to a refrigerator or other metal surfaces
4. Ring Video Doorbell
The Ring Video Doorbell is a smart doorbell that integrates with Amazon Alexa so you can see and talk to guests at your front door only by using your voice. There’s a motion detector and a camera, so you know exactly who’s at your door and can even see them.
- Motion detection
- Two-way audio
- Live video streaming
- Night vision
- Integration with other devices and services
5. Amazon Echo Show
With the Amazon Echo Show, you can use your voice in conjunction with Amazon Alexa to conduct video chats, watch movies and TV programs, and see feeds from your security cameras. It also has a built-in speaker and a touchscreen display.
- Voice control
- Touchscreen display
- Smart home integration
- Music streaming
- Video calling
6. Amazon Echo Dot
The Amazon Echo Dot is a little smart speaker that can be moved from room to room and used to play music or manage smart home devices with only your voice and Amazon Alexa. It is a more economical choice than the full-size Amazon Echo and is great for use in a bedroom or workplace.
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Compact and portable design
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Integration with smart home devices
- Access to a variety of music and audiobook streaming services
7. Vivint Smart Home
One of the most popular names in home automation and security, Vivint Smart Home products are managed by voice commands using Amazon’s Alexa. Vivint and Alexa allow homeowners to control their home’s lighting, temperature, security system, and other smart devices with only their voice, improving the comfort and safety of everyday life.
- Home automation
- Home security
- Remote access and control
- Voice control through Alexa
- Professional monitoring
8. Sonos One Smart Speaker
This smart speaker enables you to play music, manage your smart home devices, and set alarms using your voice with Amazon Alexa. Features such as high-quality sound and the ability to link up with other Sonos speakers to form a multi-room music system are included.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control
- Multi-room audio
- AirPlay 2 compatible
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Sound equalization through the Sonos app
Apple Home Kit
Apple’s HomeKit is a smart home framework that lets you quickly manage and automate your home’s equipment from your iOS smartphone or Mac computer using the built-in Home app. For example, with HomeKit, you can automate tasks like shutting off the lights when you leave or lowering the temperature when you get home. The Home app also allows you to provide remote access to others, such as family members or visitors, so that they may see and manage your gadgets from wherever they happen to be.
Compatible best Internet of Things (IOT) devices for Apple Home Kit
1. Schlage Sense Smart Lock
Using the Schlage Sense Smart Lock, you can lock and open your doors with the Apple Home app or by using your voice with Siri. In addition, you may use your smartphone to give visitors temporary entry to your house. Doors may be locked automatically at certain times, such as when you go to bed or leave the house.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Touchscreen keypad
- Remote access through the Schlage Sense app
- Automatic locking and unlocking
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit technology
2. Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer
With the Lutron Caseta Smart Dimmer, you can adjust the lights in your house with the tap of an Apple Home app button or the sound of your voice using Siri. Dimming the lights or turning them on and off is a simple way to alter the ambiance. It works with both incandescent and fluorescent lamps.
- Remote control of lights via a smartphone app
- Energy monitoring and reporting
- Scene setting and scheduling
- Integration with other smart home devices
- Voice control compatibility with Apple Home kit
3. Hive Active Heating
The Hive Active Heating is a smart thermostat that integrates with the Apple HomeKit, Siri, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant to let you regulate your home’s temperature and hot water remotely. The heating may be turned on and off at predetermined periods and adjusted to your preferred temperature.
- Temperature control
- Energy monitoring
- Remote access
- Adaptive heating
4. Hunter ceiling fan with HomeKit support
A Hunter ceiling fan with HomeKit support is a smart home appliance that can be controlled and integrated with other HomeKit-enabled devices using the Apple Home app or Siri voice commands. This type of ceiling fan allows for convenient and efficient control of your home’s temperature and airflow, as well as the ability to set automation schedules and routines.
- HomeKit support
- Remote control via a smartphone or tablet
- Voice control via Siri or Alexa
- Integration with other HomeKit-enabled devices
- Energy-efficient operation
5. Philips Hue Indoor Motion Sensor
The Philips Hue smart motion sensor gives a classy touch of style, convenience, and energy efficiency. Turn the light on when you enter the room and turn it off when you leave the room. Smart sensors detect optimal sunlight levels to save energy during the day. At night, the Philips Hue motion sensor switches to the smart nightlight setting. A gentle and warm light setting helps you navigate at night without disturbing your rest
- Wireless installation
- Automates your lights
- Adjusts light to time of day
- Mounts anywhere
6. Eve Smart Home Sensor
Eve Motion sensor is a versatile and convenient device that can enhance the functionality of your smart home The Eve Motion Sensor is an Apple HomeKit-enabled wireless motion sensor that offers convenience, safety, and peace of mind. Eve Motion sensor can detect motion within a range of up to 9 meters and up to 160 degrees. It can be used to detect motion, trigger automations, and send notifications, making it an ideal solution for home security and home automation It can be easily integrated with other HomeKit-enabled devices for a more comprehensive smart home experience.
- Easy setup and installation
- Detects motion within a range of up to 9 meters and up to 160 degrees
- Can trigger automations within the home
- Battery-powered with low battery indicator
- Tamper-proof cover
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit and Elgato Eve app
- Can set up notifications and alerts when motion is detected
- Can integrate with other HomeKit-enabled devices
7. Nanoleaf Aurora Smart Light Panels
The Nanoleaf Aurora smart light panels let you manage the lights in your house using the Apple Home app or by speaking to Siri. Adjust the lighting to your liking by turning it down or switching its hue. In addition, the lights may be programmed to switch on and off automatically, either when you leave or return home or at a specified time each day.
- Customizable lighting panels
- Rhythm module for music synchronization
- Voice control with compatible smart assistants
- Energy-efficient LED technology
- Easy installation and flexible layout options
IoT devices unquestionably play an essential role in the development of smart homes, which are now a reality in many parts of the world. You should be aware of the major players in the industry in 2023, which are Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit. Your house will be transformed into a genuinely smart one when you use these gadgets since they allow you to manage it using just your voice and the touchscreen on your smartphone. It is time to modernize your residence and make the most of the opportunities presented by these technologies.